When you first come to Canada as a visitor, you use one of these documents to enter:

  • a visitor visa (also called a temporary resident visa)
  • an electronic travel authorization (eTA)
  • a valid passport or travel document

If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor (stay in Canada longer), you need to apply for a visitor record. A visitor record is not a visa.

A visitor record is a document that gives you status as a visitor in Canada and allows you to stay longer and includes a new expiry date and that’s the new date that you must leave Canada by.

You must apply for a visitor record before your current status expires.

Contact us if you want any of the below:
  • Remain in Canada as a Temporary Resident Permit holder
  • Student-change conditions or extend stay
  • Visitor-change condition or extend stay
  • Work-change condition or extend stay