When you first come to Canada as a visitor, you use one of these documents to enter:
- a visitor visa (also called a temporary resident visa)
- an electronic travel authorization (eTA)
- a valid passport or travel document
If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor (stay in Canada longer), you need to apply for a visitor record. A visitor record is not a visa.
A visitor record is a document that gives you status as a visitor in Canada and allows you to stay longer and includes a new expiry date and that’s the new date that you must leave Canada by.
You must apply for a visitor record before your current status expires.
Contact us if you want any of the below:
- Remain in Canada as a Temporary Resident Permit holder
- Student-change conditions or extend stay
- Visitor-change condition or extend stay
- Work-change condition or extend stay
- July 28, 2021Manitoba invites 1,140 Express Entry candidates in new PNP draw
- July 28, 2021BC PNP invites 59 immigration candidates in Tech draw
- July 28, 2021Entering Canada with a DUI from the USA
- July 28, 2021IRCC: Canada welcomed over 35,000 new immigrants in June
- July 27, 2021Ontario invites managers, health care workers, and others in new PNP draw