When you first come to Canada as a visitor, you use one of these documents to enter:
- a visitor visa (also called a temporary resident visa)
- an electronic travel authorization (eTA)
- a valid passport or travel document
If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor (stay in Canada longer), you need to apply for a visitor record. A visitor record is not a visa.
A visitor record is a document that gives you status as a visitor in Canada and allows you to stay longer and includes a new expiry date and that’s the new date that you must leave Canada by.
You must apply for a visitor record before your current status expires.
Contact us if you want any of the below:
- Remain in Canada as a Temporary Resident Permit holder
- Student-change conditions or extend stay
- Visitor-change condition or extend stay
- Work-change condition or extend stay
- October 17, 2021Immigrate to Canada without a job offer: Ontario PNP
- October 16, 2021Can I sponsor my spouse or partner for Canadian immigration?
- October 15, 2021Canada employment regains pre-pandemic levels in September
- October 15, 2021The benefits of hiring a lawyer to help with your PGP immigration application
- October 14, 2021How to Immigrate to Canada from Iran