The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program was launched recently by the Canadian government for skilled workers and international graduates who want to live permanently in one of the Atlantic provinces of Canada:
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
There are three different categories under which you can apply: Atlantic intermediate-skilled program; Atlantic high-skilled program and; Atlantic international graduate program.
Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program: Under this program, eligible foreign workers with a job offer from an employer in Atlantic Canada can submit their application for Canadian permanent residency. . Individuals with work experience and a job offer in NOC C category may apply.
At least one year of work experience at skill level C within the last three years is required.
You must secure a job offer related to your work experience from an Atlantic employer. This job offer should be:
- Full-time (at least 30 paid hours per week)
- Under skill type 0, A, B, or C
- Supported by a provincial certificate of endorsement from the province that indicates that the job offer is genuine and that a needs assessment has been completed and a settlement plan is in place for the applicant and each member of the family.
- May 9, 2021Canada’s international graduates: Don’t lose hope
- May 8, 2021Immigration programs for international student grads in Canada
- May 7, 2021Manitoba invites 150 PNP candidates on May 6
- May 7, 2021Canada’s new International Graduate stream reaches cap
- May 7, 2021Looking forward: What is needed to restart international travel to Canada?
A Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree is required. A foreign credential and Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is also accepted.
Atlantic High-Skilled Program: Eligible foreign workers with a job offer from an employer in Atlantic Canada can submit their application for Canadian permanent residency. Individuals with work experience and a job offer in NOC 0, A or B category may apply.