Some people aren’t allowed to come to Canada. They’re “inadmissible” under Canada’s immigration law.

A Canadian immigration officer will decide if you can enter Canada when you:
  • apply for a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or
  • when you arrive at a port of entry.

There are different reasons we may not let you into Canada, such as security, criminal or medical reasons. Normally, if you’re inadmissible to Canada, you won’t be allowed to enter the country. If you have a valid reason to travel to Canada that is justified in the circumstances, we may issue you a temporary resident permit.

If you’ve committed or been convicted of a crime, you have a few options to overcome your criminal inadmissibility.


Rehabilitation removes the grounds of criminal inadmissibility. Rehabilitation means that you lead a stable lifestyle and that you are unlikely to be involved in any further criminal activity.

You are eligible to apply for rehabilitation if you have:

  • committed an act outside of Canada and five (5) years have elapsed since the act;
  • been convicted outside of Canada and five (5) years have passed since the end of the sentence imposed.


IRCC’s Access to Information Act provides all applicants to send a request for information about their_ immigration applications, files, procedures, timeline progress or any other issues they might be facing.

It provides Canadian citizens, permanent residents or any person present in Canada the legal right to obtain information, in any form. You can send a disclosure request to IRCC under the Request to Information Act to:

  • Get information about IRCC
  • Get information about their application created by IRCC
  • Get personal information submitted by a representative, if the client is not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of a resident of Canada.

If you are making a request on behalf of someone else, you must include the Consent for an Access to Information and Personal Information Request form.

Judicial Review and Appeals

Typically, applicants who have been refused Canadian citizenship as well those who have been denied citizenship certificates (proof applicants) may file an application to the Federal Court for leave to seek judicial review in order to challenge the decision of a citizenship judge or a decision-maker.

If you want to fix errors or make amendments to your record of landing, confirmation of permanent residency or temporary work permits among other things, You can apply for an amendment to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Your PR card needs to be valid when you show it. If your card expires, you will have to apply for a new one. You are still a permanent resident if your card expires. Contact us in the form below for such services.

Apply for your US visa from Canada with our professional assistance, contact us below.

If you want to visit UK, we can help you apply for it. Just send us your details in the contact form below.

If you would like to invite someone who is a citizen of a country that requires to apply for temporary residents visa by Citizenship and Immigration Canada, contact us for assisting you in drafting and notarizing your letter of invitation.