This application is for people who would not normally be eligible to become permanent residents of Canada may be able to apply on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.
Humanitarian and compassionate grounds apply to people with exceptional cases. Canadian Authorities assess these applications on a case-by-case basis. Factors they look at include:
Refugees are people who are forced to leave their home country because of a fear of persecution and are not able to return home. Canada’s refugee system allows refugees to file for their permanent residency under humanitarian and compassionate grounds. They are of two categories:
- March 21, 2023How one recent immigration trend is helping boost Canada’s linguistic and cultural diversity
- March 21, 2023What are your employment rights as a foreign worker?
- March 20, 2023Canadian government investing $17.6 million to improve digital literacy
- March 20, 2023Newcomers to Canada: What will education look like for my children?
- March 19, 2023What happens if I have a closed work permit and I lose my job?