The Federal Skilled Worker Program is part of the Economic Class and the Express Entry program manages it. Now, average processing times are 6 months after receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
You must meet the requirements of the program to be eligible to apply.
Requirements of the Federal Skilled Worker Program:
- Have at least one continuous year of full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous work listed in the last 10 years of the National Occupational Classification (O, A or B).
- OR Qualify for Arranged Employment in Canada with a Canadian employer’s full-time, permanent job offer along with a Labour market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or without an LMIA if you are exempt.
- A Canadian diploma, certificate or credential AND / OR a foreign educational credential, and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an agency approved by IRCC to demonstrate that it is equal to a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary education credential.
- Meet the Canadian Language Benchmark minimum language score of CLB 7, or equivalent.
- Provide settlement funds for six months after arrival in Canada to support yourself and your parents.
- June 16, 2021Ontario PNP invites 940 international students and temporary workers
- June 16, 2021BC PNP Tech Draw: 72 immigration candidates invited
- June 16, 2021Saskatchewan PNP: 255 new invitations issued
- June 15, 2021Canada’s business leaders demand plan to reopen borders
- June 15, 2021Canada to amend citizenship oath and guide to include Indigenous people
In order to be eligible to apply, you must also score at least 67 points under the following
|Selection factors||Max points||Criteria determination|
|Education||25 points||Years of study and diploma or degree obtained|
|Language||28 points||Level of English or French (IELTS)|
|Experience||15 points||Years of professional work experience|
|Age||12 points||Age of the principal applicant|
|Arranged employment||10 points||Having a valid job offer|
|Adaptability||10 points||Points for several factors that could help the applicant adapt to Canadian life|
Final Steps of Application processing before getting Permanent Residence:
Once selected from the Express Entry pool and granted an Invitation to Apply (ITA), as part of the Canadian immigration application process, applicants and their dependents must also undergo medical examinations and receive security clearances.
Contact us for more information about the Federal Skilled Worker application process or for assistance in preparing an application