The Federal Skilled Worker Program is part of the Economic Class and the Express Entry program manages it. Now, average processing times are 6 months after receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
You must meet the requirements of the program to be eligible to apply.
Requirements of the Federal Skilled Worker Program:
- Have at least one continuous year of full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous work listed in the last 10 years of the National Occupational Classification (O, A or B).
- OR Qualify for Arranged Employment in Canada with a Canadian employer’s full-time, permanent job offer along with a Labour market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or without an LMIA if you are exempt.
- A Canadian diploma, certificate or credential AND / OR a foreign educational credential, and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an agency approved by IRCC to demonstrate that it is equal to a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary education credential.
- Meet the Canadian Language Benchmark minimum language score of CLB 7, or equivalent.
- Provide settlement funds for six months after arrival in Canada to support yourself and your parents.
- May 20, 2022How can Canada avoid major immigration backlogs in the future?
- May 19, 2022Canadian politician wants to improve Super Visa for parents and grandparents
- May 19, 2022How many immigrants will Canada welcome over the coming years?
- May 18, 2022How a legal opinion letter can help you come to Canada with a criminal record
- May 18, 2022Express Entry applications to be processed within 6 months again
Final Steps of Application processing before getting Permanent Residence:
Once selected from the Express Entry pool and granted an Invitation to Apply (ITA), as part of the Canadian immigration application process, applicants and their dependents must also undergo medical examinations and receive security clearances.
Contact us for more information about the Federal Skilled Worker application process or for assistance in preparing an application