The Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) allow Canadian provinces and territories to nominate individuals who wish to immigrate to in a Province. Each province and territory have it’s own unique Provincial Nominee Program.
This program is for workers who:
- have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- want to live in that province, and
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
Each province & territory has its own streams and requirement to target certain groups like
- Business people
- Skilled workers
- Semi-skilled workers
Benefits of applying under the PNP program
Once you have received a Provincial Nominee Card, you will receive 600 points for your Express Entry score. Individuals with no PNP certification would rank between 300 and 500 on average. The new cutoff scores for Express Entry is in the range 400-500. Individuals with a PNP Certificate will automatically receive 600 points to add 300-500 points to their Express Entry core. The PNP certification will give a final Express Entry score above 900 which is considerably higher than the current 400-500 points cutoff selection score. Provincial and territorial standards differ and can change without notice
- October 17, 2021Immigrate to Canada without a job offer: Ontario PNP
- October 16, 2021Can I sponsor my spouse or partner for Canadian immigration?
- October 15, 2021Canada employment regains pre-pandemic levels in September
- October 15, 2021The benefits of hiring a lawyer to help with your PGP immigration application
- October 14, 2021How to Immigrate to Canada from Iran
How is the program going to work?
Candidates must first enter into the Express Entry System with their CRS score, then apply for a PNP system (which is a different application). You must remain for a year in the Express Entry pool, or until you have been accepted to apply for permanent residence.
You will be given 600 points to add to your Express Entry score after the province approves your PNP application (typically 3-4 months). With these additional 600 points, at the very next draw, which takes place every 2 weeks, you will be selected and invited to apply for PR.
Contact us for more information about the Provincial Nominees Worker application process or for assistance in preparing an application